Close this search box.

New temporary public policy introducing open work permits for Hong Kong recent graduates

Effective today, February 08, 2021, Hong Kong recent graduates may be eligible to apply for an open work permit under a new temporary public policy for Hong Kong residents.

To be eligible, applicants must hold a valid passport issued by the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) or by the United Kingdom to a British National Overseas (BNO). Applicants must also have graduated no more than 5 years before they apply for this open work permit, with a diploma for a minimum 2-year program or a degree from a designated post-secondary learning institution in Canada or abroad.

The open work permit can be applied from outside or inside Canada and will be issued for up to 3 years from the date of approval or until the applicant’s passport expires, whichever come first. Applicants are advised to make sure their passports are valid for at least 3 years from the date of approval to maximize the duration of the open work permit.

(Source: IRCC)

Contact Us

To schedule an appointment or learn more about our ultra-efficient radiology services, please contact us today.