Close this search box.

I do not have a permanent resident card and I need to leave Canada. Can I return without a PR card?

If you are a permanent resident of Canada, you need a valid permanent resident (PR) card to return to Canada by commercial vehicle such as airplane, bus, train, or boat. If you are returning by a private vehicle (not available for public use) such as a car, motorcycle or recreational vehicle, there are other documents you can use to enter the country.

If you are inside Canada and know your card will expire when you’re travelling, you should renew it before you leave. You can only renew your PR card from inside Canada.

If you are outside Canada and don’t have a PR card, you need a permanent resident travel document (PRTD) to return to Canada. You can only apply for a PRTD from outside Canada.

Contact Us

To schedule an appointment or learn more about our ultra-efficient radiology services, please contact us today.